Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fishing without a net

We tried our luck in the little lake again today and discovered we'd forgotten the landing net. Forgetting the net is the best way to catch Northern Pike--the first for this year. Bill got it in the boat with one quick grab of the line, it shook off the hook and started flopping it's way toward the front of the boat, where I was seated. While I had my feet up on the center seat, I picked it up by it's tail in a fish towel and threw it back to Bill.


2 comments:

The Cain family said...

nice catch. . .I am thinking someone stole your blog and wrote in it, however. As a well trained English student, the writing style is similar to someone else's blog I read :)

Patricia said...

Yeah, I agree with michelle... The "m" dash definitely tipped it off for me! But that's still an awesome fish! Looks like y'all are having a great time up there!