Saturday, November 15, 2008

Keeping busy

Now that I made it through my first week at Willow Bend. I'm ready for training to work part time at Bath and Bodywork's.

As of yesterday I was assigned to work in an out of control toddler room. The executive director said it was my forte. At felt board story time I had 13 of the 15 toddlers actually sitting down and participating. Not too bad for my first day with this group. :)

I won't have to to write lesson plans or worry about curriculum at this school. There is a teacher that spends her time taking care of that for all the teachers. The toddlers are learning about dinosaurs.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good job with the crazy kids! I have found that using felt boards with ANY type of kid calms them down and engages them. If you need ideas for other felts (including dinos!) we have a lot here: http://www.funfelt.com
Have fun!
Karen